Junior AnalystVacancy for a graduate from a leading university.
VACANCY: Junior Analyst
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Permanent role
COMPANY: MH (GB) Limited, trading as “Mactavish”
LOCATION: 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
COMPANY CULTURE: Highly professional and hardworking but relaxed and collaborative.
Who are Mactavish?
“Mactavish, a business with a justifiable reputation as the UK’s leading expert on the reliability of insurance contracts.”
Anthony Hilton, City Editor, Evening Standard
Mactavish is the UK’s leading expert on Insurance Governance. Our work specialises in the analysis of “insurable” commercial risk, insurance policy legal reliability, disclosure, placement procedures, broker terms of business agreements, insurance governance standards and the management of large and complex insurance claims and disputes. This represents a highly innovative and disruptive addition to a very mature industry.
Mactavish works with carefully targeted insurance buyers, brokers and insurers to deliver improved insurance solutions arising from research insights, leading to better informed pricing of premiums, the provision of more flexible levels of capacity and clearer policy wordings and insurance arrangements that are more robust when tested by large losses. Our typical client is a large corporate organisation. Client testimonials can be found on our website: www.mactavishgroup.com
We are the leading advisers on The Insurance Act 2015, in particular planning to meet the new legal Duty of Fair Presentation.
The firm has been operating in the commercial risk and insurance sector for over 15 years. Its focus has always been on detailed, technical analysis which does not shy away from uncovering and studying uncomfortable truths, or challenging accepted wisdom. The company focuses on driving increased standards across the commercial insurance industry giving the business an unrivalled depth of expertise and a wide spread of clients. Working closely with Mactavish are a set of highly experienced barristers that deliver legal solutions to Mactavish’s clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates from leading UK and international universities. We are seeking graduates with excellent academic performance and analytical ability to join the technical delivery team, reporting into the Head of Client Services. The team is responsible for all of Mactavish’s technical work. This role provides individuals with an opportunity to work alongside innovative thinkers in a rapidly developing field, during an exciting time of business growth.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- • Either a graduate with outstanding academics and a good degree in a rigorous academic subject, or a recent graduate with up to 2 years’ work experience;
- • A quick learner with the ability to absorb new information and challenge ideas;
- • Strongly analytical and comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative issues;
- • Excellent skills in communicating complex issues in a clear structured way;
- • Belief in our services and vision, able to articulate our proposition and value add.
- • Supporting the team in the delivery of advisory projects for corporate clients across industry sectors;
- • Interviewing client personnel and analysing large volumes of client documentation (covering both operational details and insurance policy components), identifying areas of concern from a risk-led perspective;
- • Supporting the development of complex risk analysis reports and feedback/presentations to clients;
- • Developing and executing solutions together with our clients and working closely with leading legal barristers/QCs;
- • Supporting the team on various analytical tasks, research activities including in new business development and supporting engagement with sales leads.
- • An exciting opportunity for a graduate to join an existing successful analytical team within a niche advisory company which delivers innovative services.
- • Competitive salary
- • Extensive training provided
Interview Process: Email CV to: Careers@mactavishgroup.com. Initial telephone interview, followed by face to face interview at the Chancery Lane office.