Business Development ManagerAn exciting opportunity for a graduate to join an existing successful business development team
VACANCY: Business Development Manager
COMPANY: MH (GB) Limited, trading as “Mactavish”
LOCATION: 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
Who are Mactavish?
“Mactavish, a business with a justifiable reputation as the UK’s leading expert on the reliability of insurance contracts.”
Anthony Hilton, City Editor, Evening Standard
Mactavish is the UK’s leading expert on Insurance Governance. Our work specialises in the analysis of “insurable” commercial risk, insurance policy legal reliability, disclosure, placement procedures, broker terms of business agreements, insurance governance standards and the management of large and complex insurance claims and disputes.
The firm has been operating in the commercial risk and insurance sector for over 15 years. Its focus has always been on detailed, technical analysis which does not shy away from uncovering and studying uncomfortable truths, or challenging accepted wisdom. The company focuses on driving increased standards across the commercial insurance industry giving the business an unrivalled depth of expertise and a wide spread of clients. Working closely with Mactavish are a set of highly experienced barristers that deliver legal solutions to Mactavish’s clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen on developing their career in a niche business. They will join the business development team, reporting into the Head of Business Development. This role provides individuals with an opportunity to work alongside innovative thinkers in a rapidly developing field, during an exciting time of business growth.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- • A graduate with outstanding academics and a good degree in a rigorous academic subject who has some experience of a sales role and is committed to developing a careen in sales;
- • A quick learner with the ability to absorb new information and challenge ideas;
- • Strongly analytical and comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative issues;
- • Excellent skills in communicating complex issues in a clear structured way;
- • Belief in our services and vision, able to articulate our proposition and value add.
- • The candidate will carry out a variety of tasks to support the sales team in meeting the company’s anticipated growth, developing new target market sectors;
- • Research to identify the appropriate companies and contacts at target market sectors;
- • Email and telephoning potential contacts from a pre-defined list; contacts are likely to be senior executives including Chief Financial Officers, Risk Managers, and Treasurers;
- • Discussing with these people issues associated with insurance and risk transfer and outlining Mactavish’s unique proposition;
- • Arranging and attending meetings between the prospects and the Business Development team;
- • Assisting in preparing proposals, project plans and other client communications;
- • Liaising internally with the company’s CEO and Technical team on projects as necessary;
- • Administration of Client Relationship Management system.
- • An exciting opportunity for a graduate to join an existing successful business development team within a niche advisory company which delivers innovative insurance services;
- • Competitive salary.
- • Two stage interview, initially with the Head of Business Development and then with the CEO / Technical Director.
- •Contact: CV with cover letter via email to Emily Trace, Finance Director on Careers@mactavishgroup.com.